SEATING PLANS and LAYOUTS
Wedding Styling options
Cote How is a dedicated wedding venue and provides a luxury, exclusive-use service aimed at taking the strain out of all of your wedding planning needs. Part of our service is to provide a fully stylised venue which needs little if any additinal styling. This is perfect for those planning a destination wedding and travelling here is a challenge enough.
You have the option of using Cote how exactly as you see it (which many wedding couples opt for) or we offer offer an All-Inclusive service that includes fresh flowers and a wedding cake. This can of course be extended on a more bespoke basis if you wish to add other features such as chair covers, sashes, specialist china or crystal etc.
If you book the weekend wedding you have the additional benefit of adding to the wedding ready decor on the Friday evening with Caroline to assist. These may include place names, bunting, photographs, pictures, table plans, table centres and additional decorations.
A mass of Fairy lights
We know that your wedding day is the one day when all of those little details really do matter.
Let us therefore indulge in dancing fairy lights and vintage festoon lighting through out the venue.
It’s really important to check out your venue at different times of the day and evening.
We love the dusk light in particular as this is when Cote How dances in the twilight and becomes even more magical.
Our All-Inclusive Wedding Packages already include a buttercream sponge cake made to match your colour and flower theme.
Cake Flavour Choices: Coffee, Chocolate, Lemon or Vanilla
or how about a wedding cake of cheeses?
This is our savoury option which is displayed and cut for the photographs then served as a full cheese or Cumberland platter for supper!
Follow Cote How’s board Wedding Cakes on Pinterest.
Our All-Inclusive Midweek Wedding Packages already include 15 jars of fresh flowers which we organise for your convenience. If you prefer to use your own florist then we have a number of suppliers that we can happily put you in touch with!
- Whites – Selection of seasonal whites with green foliage
- Vintage Rose – Dusky tones/peachy pinks
- Pastels – Pale Pinks, Lilacs and pinks
- Vivid/brights – Gerbras+ (Purples, oranges, fuschia, yellow)
- Meadow – Loose & Informal (usually blues, whites and yellows)
We have 50 chairs in gold and green Cheltenham style for in the house, and 70 white folding chairs which we use in the barn and for any outdoor weddings. We do not hire in chairs therefore all of this cost is included in your event costings.
Chair Covers and Sashes
Add your own styling to our chairs in a variety of different ways. Our gold and green Cheltenham chairs can take chair cover and / or sash and are for indoor use only.
If you wanted to personalise our white outdoor chairs this can be done by adding a stretch sash or bow sash to incorporate your own colour theme.
The Garden Gazebo is a wonderful addition to our barn terrace and sits high on the hill overlooking the whole Rydal Valley, offering you and your guests a beautiful vista to watch the sun go down over Rydal Water.
Measuring 7 x 3 metres, it offers a large covered area and next to the barn, and is used during the wedding breakfast as a catering area for serving the food to the plate, or as an assisted buffet area if you are looking for a more informal style wedding meal.
The Garden Gazebo is also licensed for marriages and is a fabulous choice for intimate weddings wanting an outdoor ceremony. It can hold 12 for a wedding ceremony.
As all things Weddings are very visual, having a Pinterest account is a great help if long distance weddings make visits difficult.
Set up a Pinterest account and share your own wedding ideas with us at Cote How and with our suppliers.
Follow Cote How on Pinterest. Then make your own board and share it with Cote How!
Styling - Seating Plans
- Think about how you will style your layouts. Formal or informal layouts?
Options can be limited space wise dependant on the size of your wedding.
Here is some guidance to think about:
Official Wedding Ceremony Layout Options:
- Wordsworth – Elopement – for 2
- Wordsworth – Circle around the room – Up to 12
- Fairfield Room – Circle with or without central aisle – Up to 24
- Fairfield Room – Central with Straight – 25-50
- Inside Barn – Curved (Fan Shaped) – Up to 24 – Facing open doorway
- Inside Barn – Straight rows and columns – Upto 50 – Facing heart
- Outside Barn – Curved (Fan Shaped) – Up to 24 – Facing Open Doorway
- Outside Barn – Straight rows and columns – Up to 50 – Facing Open Doorway
- Garden Gazebo – Elopement – for 2
- Garden Gazebo – Up to 12
Unofficial Ceremony option:
- On lawn – Curved or straight rows and columns
Note this is not allowed for official legal ceremonies where an official Marriage certificate is issued.
We class these as Humanist ceremonies which are conducted by a celebrant and NOT an official registrar of Cumbria
Dining Layout Options:
- Up to 12 People – 1 table in Woodrow dining room of house
- Up to 24 People – 3 Round tables in the barn or house
- Up to 40 People – 5 round tables in the barn
- Up to 46 People – 5 round tables and 1 top table of 6 in the barn
- Up to 50 people – U shaped in barn
- Up to 50 people – Informal layout on 8 tables of up to 6 or 7 in barn
Please ask Caroline for an excel spreadsheet for the layout you prefer ahead of your final planning meeting
download and complete your seating plan here
The Best Experience Ever
Start your wedding journey now...
Follow us to keep up to date with our latest news, events and wedding tips