INTIMATE FAMILY WEDDING IN THE STUNNING LAKE DISTRICT
ryan and emma’s dream wedding
By CAROLINE LANGHAM
DREAM intimate family WEDDING IN THE LAKE DISTRICT
Ryan and Emma first came to meet us back in February 2020 – Remember those times – Pre Covid!
We took a stroll around Cote How and chatted all things wedding. They had always wanted a very small and intiamte family wedding and the guest list started out as only 20 very close family and friends. This was perfect for Ryan and Emma’s very relaxed, laid back style of wedding in a place that they both loved.
A PASSION FOR THE LAKES and THE OUTDOORS
Ryan and Emma visited the Lakes for the first time about 5 years ago, it was their first trip away together and they instantly fell in love with it. Somewhere they could both share their love of the outdoors. It naturally followed then that their perfect wedding destination would be in the Lakes too!
The perfect Place for a small wedding
As with so many couples, 2020 then became a little different, to say the least.
Ryan and Emma were pretty laid back about their intimate family wedding plans throughout 2020 as their planned 20 guests didn’t seem to be too affected by Government rules and legislation, so they were happy to keep with their plans.
What did make a difference was some family members travelling in from abroad, but by their wedding date in June they could have their Grandmother from France and their Aunt and Uncle from New York. Unfortunately, though, Ryan’s brother couldn’t be there as he was serving in the Navy, but he came along and stood proud on the day, watching his brothers back – He was a full-sized cardboard cutout and was the easiest-going guest ever! 🙂
WHAT THEIR SMALL DAY WEDDING INCLUDED
Ryan and Emma had opted for an all-inclusive small day wedding. This is our most popular wedding style as it provides travelling couples lots of all-inclusive details, taking the strain out of the wedding planning.
- Guests Arrival – Meeting and greeting time with optional arrival drinks
- An intimate wedding ceremony in a choice of lovely locations, both indoors and out.
- A drinks and canapes reception on the house terrace.
- Plenty of time for taking some amazing photographs in and around the grounds
- A stroll to the lakeshores of Rydal Water for some intimate portraits in the lower meadow and along the lakeshore. Only 200m away and all on our own land.
- The traditional cutting of the cake to mark the start of the meal. The cake, knife and stand are included
- A prosecco toast for the speeches
- All the fresh wedding flowers, both for the happy couple and the venue. We then love to present all the flowers in little bouquets to all the ladies as the wedding is coming to a close
- A delicious freshly prepared three-course dinner in the rustic 16th Century barn, wine and tea and coffee to finish off with your own wedding cake served as your third course
What Ryan and emma had to say...
“As soon as we met Caroline and Steve we knew we were in good hands! Not only is Cote How a truly beautiful and unique location, but you can feel the love and attention to detail they put into the venue. They made our intimate family wedding a magical occasion, understanding exactly how we wanted our wedding to feel and making our dream a reality. Everything was taken care of – flowers, cake and food, even during these Covid times. Communication and planning was so smooth, easy and completely stress free with nothing too much to ask or too silly to check. We are so pleased with our wonderful day, and so sad it couldn’t go on forever!! Thank you, Caroline, Steve and Sophie, for giving us the best day of our lives!”
Do you Fancy a small and intimate FAMILY Wedding?
To find out more about our most popular small and intimate mid-week weddings take a peek at our Lake District Wedding Packages here
In that case, you may find our blog on How to Plan a Small Wedding useful.
Also, keep a lookout for our future blogs on this topic too… I still have lots to say…