HOW TO STYLE YOUR RURAL LAKE DISTRICT BARN WEDDING
Stunning Stylish & Typically Lakeland...
BARN Wedding Styling options
As a Wedding-Only venue, Cote How is always Wedding-Ready with a luxury, exclusive-use and all-inclusive service which takes the strain out of your wedding planning needs. Part of this service includes a fully stylised venue that requires little, if any, additional styling, making it perfect for destination weddings, where getting here is challenging enough.
You have the 3 options:
- Using Cote how exactly as you see it (which many wedding couples opt for)
- Choose our All-Inclusive Small Day Wedding packages that include fresh flowers and a wedding cake.
- Bespoke – available only with our Weekend weddings which allow time on Friday evening and Saturday morning to add additional decorations, bunting, chair covers, specialist table dressing, flower installations, photographs and table plans etc.
A mass of Fairy lights
We know that your wedding day is the one day when all of those little details really do matter.
Let us, therefore, indulge in dancing fairy lights and vintage festoon lighting throughout the venue.
It’s really important to check out your venue at different times of the day and evening. We love the dusk light in particular as this is when Cote How dances in the twilight and becomes even more magical.
Our 6-Hour All-Inclusive Wedding Package and select Weekend All-Inclusive weddings already include a semi-naked buttercream sponge cake in a choice of fantastic flavours with fresh flowers to match your colour and flower theme.
Cake Flavour Choices:
- Lemon Cake with lemon curd filling
- Raspberry and white chocolate cake
- Gingerbread cake with ginger caramel filling
- Vanilla and strawberry
- Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling.
- With the more traditional white fondant icing, this cake style looks sophisticated and perfect trimmed with a coordinating ribbon to tie into your wedding colour theme.
- Lace Collar – Handmade from icing
- An additional tier
Our All-Inclusive Midweek Wedding Packages already include 15 vases of fresh flowers which we organise for your convenience. If you prefer to use your own florist then we have a number of suppliers that we can happily put you in touch with!
- Whites – Selection of seasonal whites with green foliage
- Vintage Rose – Dusky tones/peachy pinks
- Pastels – Pale Pinks, Lilacs and pinks
- Vivid/brights – Gerbras+ (Purples, oranges, fuschia, yellow)
- Meadow – Loose & Informal (usually blues, whites and yellows)
The Garden Gazebo is a wonderful addition to our barn terrace and sits high on the hill overlooking the whole Rydal Valley, offering you and your guests a beautiful vista to watch the sun go down over Rydal Water.
Measuring 7 x 3 metres, it offers a large covered area and next to the barn, and is used during the wedding breakfast as a catering area for serving the food to the plate, or as an assisted buffet area if you are looking for a more informal style wedding meal.
The Garden Gazebo is also licensed for marriages and is a fabulous choice for intimate weddings wanting an outdoor ceremony. It can hold 12 for a wedding ceremony.
The wedding table is always a highlight for me and usually a surprise that the guests love! It can set the theme and create a wonderful ambience for your wedding breakfast. It is fun to design and is an area where you can add colour and personality. Who doesn’t love a gorgeous wedding table?
Whether you opt for a simple tablescape or go all out with maximalist decor, it is a fun part to plan. The first glimpse of the table ready for dinner adorned with candles, flowers, and foliage is a sight to behold.
Kept hidden until dinner time, we opt for drinks on arrival down at the barn, with the wedding couple first in to receive their guests. This way, they can witness the delight on their faces as they enter the barn and see the beautiful decor all lit up, ready for dinner!
We have a few different types of seating for different areas of the house and grounds, all of which can be decorated if oyu are having a bespoke wedding:
- Fairfield – 24 Cheltenham style gold with green velvet pads
- Barn and barn Terrace – 24 white folding chairs
- House Terrace – 24 metal cream chairs with cushions for use in the garden
- Barn terrace and Gazebo – 24 grey wicker armchairs with padded cushions
You can add a splash of colour or a personalised them in a variety of different ways.
- Chair Covers and Sashes can be added to the Cheltenham chairs
- Stretch sash or bow sash can be added to the white chairs
- Fresh or dried flower bouquets can be added to any of thechairs at the ends of the rows to pretty up the aisle
STYLING - SEATING PLANS
Think about how you will style your layouts. Formal or informal layouts? Options can be limited space wise dependant on the size of your wedding.
Here is some guidance to think about:
Official Wedding Ceremony Layout Options:
- Wordsworth – 2 to 12
- Fairfield Room – Central with Straight – Up to 24
- Outside Barn – Up to 24 – Facing Open Doorway
- Garden Gazebo – Elopement – for 2
Dining Layout Options:
- Up to 12 People – 1 table in Fairfield in the house
- Up to 24 people – Square polo in the barn
- Up to 24 people – Informal layout on wixcker furniture inside or outside the barn
As all things Weddings are very visual, having a Pinterest account is a great help if long distance weddings make visits difficult.
Set up a Pinterest account and share your own wedding ideas with us at Cote How and with our suppliers.
Follow Cote How on Pinterest. Then make your own board and share it with Cote How!