Travel then check in on the Friday, add your finishing touches to the decor if you wish, then relax with friends and family ahead of your big day. The whole weekend is dedicated to you and you will enjoy privacy and discretion throughout with our fully exclusive use policy for the entire venue for the duration of your stay until departure Sunday morning.
We include relaxed B&B using all three of our luxurious Super King sized bedrooms, including a delicious and freshly prepared breakfast each morning and a lavish all-inclusive wedding on the Saturday.
You can then depart for home or honeymoon after breakfast on the Sunday.
• Your own dedicated wedding planner
• Free access to our client website area for interactive wedding planning tools
• Fully exclusive use of the venue for the entirety of your 2 day wedding
• Check in Fri from 4 pm - Assistance to decorate the barn until 6 pm
• Luxury Accommodation for 6 people for TWO nights to include bed and breakfast - See Accommodation
• Access to Woodrow reception room, dedicated ceremony room, barn, terrace and lawned areas plus wild flower meadow giving direct lake side access to Rydal Water
• Your personalised Civil Ceremony in a choice of locations – See ceremony options below
• Your own ceremony music - played by us on your behalf via our Sonos system
• A post ceremony glass of prosecco and canapes served on the terrace
• A choice of wedding breakfast formal or informal – See Wedding Menus
• Choice of wines with dinner
• A choice of dining layouts / seating plans
• A glass of prosecco for your toast / speeches
• Cutting of your wedding cake - Added to your supper buffet
• Evening Barn Reception including your own entertainment – See Options Below
• Interval Supper – See Wedding Menus
• House Fairfield Ceremony Room – Up to 50
• House Wordsworth Ceremony Room – Up to 12
• Outside Barn Ceremony (Weather Permitting) - Up to 50
• Garden Gazebo – Up to 12
The barn is available May – Oct inclusive
Winter weddings are house based with a maximum capacity of 24
Wedding Breakfast Options:
• A two or three course wedding breakfast served to your table
• A delicious roasted BBQ chicken buffet with a selection of hot and cold salads- served from the gazebo
• Hot baguettes
• Hot Cumberland Sausage Soft Baps
• Cumberland cheese platter
• Cumberland cheese and cold meats Platter
• Wedding cake made from cheese rounds layered with Cumberland tea-bread decorated and displayed as a cake then served as a cheese platter buffet with breads, crackers, chutneys and fresh fruits
• Add an arrival drink – Choose from Pimms, Beers, Cold Lagers or prosecco
• Add a Bar Tab for informal drinks options
Sonos and Spotify: Our own Sonos System plays throughout your wedding day playing your own personalised playlists which is of course all included in your wedding.
Professional entertainment: This is arranged and paid for by you:
• A live singer providing 2 or 3 acoustic sets with playlists in-between
• A three piece acoustic band - No drums or bass permitted.
Franco and Jenny - May 2019
After being together for 30 years and making the decision to finally get married, from the moment we saw Cote How and met Caroline we just knew this was the place for us. Whilst we currently live in Hampshire, the Lake District has personal connections for both of us and Cote How full of Lakeland charm in a stunning location close to Rydal Water, was the perfect setting for us to hold a small and intimate wedding with the people we love. It was certainly worth the wait, with every detail taken care of by Caroline, Steve and and their friendly team. The food, flowers, cake and overall decor were clearly all made and presented with care and looked stunning too! The weather was kind to us so we were able to enjoy parts of the day outside on the terrace, breathing in the lovely fresh air and basking in the spring sunshine, with a glass of bubbles, what wonderful memories! Thanks to Caroline and the team, we were able to completely relax and enjoy every moment of our special day, knowing everything was taken care of. We had the most perfect day and would certainly recommend Cote How to anyone looking for a small and intimate wedding venue hosted by people who truly go the extra mile to make you feel special. Thank you so much Caroline and Steve, you're amazing!
Weekend Weddings start from £9,975.00 - enquire now for current availability and a copy of our latest wedding brochure with outline pricing