LAKE DISTRICT MICRO WEDDINGS
2 and 4 HOUR MIDWEEK WEDDINGS FOR UP TO 24
Short but ever so Sweet
Intimate micro weddings in the Lakes
Are you looking for a licensed wedding venue in a place that you love, where you can enjoy just your legal civil ceremony in a stunning location without having to spend the earth?
Couples are often looking for a location close to their hearts, where they can capture those precious moments with immediate family and friends in a fantastic place and with photographic memories in a stunning area, but without the cost and additional time required for a full day or weekend celebration.
If you love the Lakes, perhaps come here every year, and this place is special for you, then making your vows to each other in this amazing place is perfect.
Our Lake District Micro Weddings are simply perfect for this… Enjoy your arrivals and wedding ceremony in a choice of licensed spaces, followed by a relaxed drinks reception on our beautiful garden terrace. Once your group and family portraits are done, enjoy time out, just the two of you, with a romantic stroll to the lake shores of Rydal Water, only a few minutes through our wildflower meadow. Here your photographer will capture those precious portraits amid these awe-inspiring backdrops.
Our Lake District Micro Weddings of up 24 people are just perfect. Choose either a:
- The 2-Hour Classic wedding ceremony with a drinks reception
- The 4-Hour Afternoon wedding ceremony, drinks reception, light bites and toast drinks
The 4-Hour option is an afternoon wedding ceremony as above followed by an informal mini reception to include toast drinks and light bites served in the wedding barn or on the terrace al-fresco style.
Your Wedding Ceremony
This is the ceremonial part at the start of every wedding, and is usually in the form of a Civil Ceremony, Civil Partnership, or marriage and is the legal part of the wedding, officiated by the registrars, and can be held in a choice of FIVE licensed ceremony spaces to suit your wedding style or theme.
- The WORDSWORTH – For 2-12 people
- The FAIRFIELD – For up to 24 People
- The WOODROW – For up to 12 People
- The BARN (Available mid April until 1st October)- For up to 24 People
- The Gazebo (Available mid April until 1st October) – For up to 6 People
The Perfect Wedding Location
Lake District micro Wedding Packages
Classic Lakeland WEDDiNG Ceremony
This is our statement two-hour wedding for 3-24
ALL weddings include:
- A TWO-hour wedding available as a legal wedding ceremony with either a morning or afternoon ceremony time
- Maximum 24 people
- Your own dedicated wedding planner – Caroline, will guide you through the whole process; no need to worry about forgetting to do anything!
- Your own interactive online personalised Wedding Hub containing all of your important documentation; checklists, invoices, payment schedules and upload centre.
- Total Privacy: Exclusive use of the entire venue for the duration of your wedding – This means there is only you at the venue.
- Wedding-ready venue adorned with silk flowers and candles.
- Your personalised Civil Ceremony in a choice of locations (see options above)
- Your own ceremony music – played by us on your behalf
- Compilation of your Spotify playlists if required
- Post ceremony drinks reception which includes a glass of prosecco for all guests, while you have your photographs taken, and stroll to the Lakeshores for your portraits photos.
rustic rydal Afternoon wedding
This is our extended four-hour afternoon wedding, designed to allow additional time at Cote How and all your guests celebrate in stlye with an informal bite.
Includes all of the above PLUS:
- Available for afternoon cermeonies only
- An additional two hours of celebrations here at Cote How, extending your wedding to a FOUR-hour wedding
- An informal bite to eat – Rustic platters of Cumbrian delights, including locally smoked cold meats, local cheeses, artisan bread, homemade relishes, and fresh garnishes which are easily shared between two people and enjoyed in a choice of locations in and around the barn, or in the house in winter.
- A glass of prosecco for your toast
- You will enjoy total privacy with the venue to yourselves for the duration of your wedding.
- Fresh Personal Flowers – Bouquet & Buttonhole
- Fresh Venue Flowers – 15 vases of fresh flowers – colours of your choosing
- Upgrade prosecco to English Sparkling wine
Real LAKE DISTRICT micro wedding REVIEW...
Jayne & Chris's Micro Wedding
Just wanted to say a massive thankyou to you all for such a perfect day yesterday. We could not have asked for any better in any way.
Everyone commented on how lovely you all are and how beautiful it was.
Even my Dad, who is a man of very few words couldn’t speak highly enough of you all.
Thankyou again so much.
Jayne and Chris xxx
Simple Relaxed & Romantic!
Jayne and Chris's 2-Hour Classic lake district WEDDING
Below is a short YouTube video showing a selection of images of Jayne and Chris’s 2-Hour wedding here at Cote How. All the photos are by Rachel Joyce Photography.
During the Coronavirus pandemic in September 2021, the drinks reception on the house terrace was socially distanced.
Jayne and Chris come to the Lakes every year for their short breaks and decided that a small and intimate Lake District Micro Wedding in a place they love was perfect for them after ten years together. They didn’t want a large wedding back at home, where they felt under pressure to have a much bigger wedding than they wanted, so going away to get married was the perfect solution for them.
We set up the ceremony outside the wedding barn’s open doors so their guests could sit outside in the lovely sunshine while Jayne and Chris made their vows just inside the doorway of the barn. The ceremony was beautiful – Interspersed with their own favourite love songs, which we played outdoors via our Sonos sound system.
After the ceremony, they led their guests up onto the house terrace for their drinks reception, when Rachel took the opportunity to take lots of lovely candid shots and family portraits on the lawn in the bright sunshine.
Jayne and Chris then left their guests with us as they took timeout alone with their photographer to capture some amazing portrait shots by the lakeshore of Rydal Water, in the flower meadow and along the river bank, before rejoining their guests on the terrace at Cote How.