2-4 hour weddings for up to 24
Classic - Timeless - Stunning
Your Wedding Ceremony
This is the ceremonial part at the start of every wedding, and is usually in the form of a Civil Ceremony, Civil Partnership, or marriage and is the legal part of the wedding, officiated by the registrars, and can be held in a choice of FIVE licensed ceremony spaces to suit your wedding style or theme.
- The WORDSWORTH – For 2-12 people
- The FAIRFIELD – For up to 24 People
- The WOODROW – For up to 12 People
- The BARN – For up to 24 People
- The Gazebo – For up to 6 People
A two-hour wedding is a great option if you are looking for a simple and easy ceremony in a stunning location.
This simple wedding allows plenty of time for you and your guests to enjoy a wonderful wedding ceremony, in a choice of licensed locations, each with a unique style and feel, amid some of the world’s most romantic scenery.
Perhaps enjoy a stroll to the lake shores of Rydal Water, before departing to continue your celebrations elsewhere.
House – available all year
Barn – available May-Oct only
(Covid-Update – Max numbers in the house are 12 in winter and 24 in summer)
- Your own dedicated wedding planner
- Your own interactive client portal featuring your personal wedding planning tools, resources, step by step guidance and wedding planning tools
- Exclusive use of the venue for the duration of your wedding
- Fully decorated wedding-ready venue including silk flowers, tealights and candles
- Your personalised Civil Ceremony in a choice of licensed locations (indoors or outdoors)
- Your own ceremony music – played by us on your behalf
Often your wedding can be over too quickly and this is a wonderful way to extend your celebrations in a Covid-Secure venue and in total privacy.
This afternoon/early evening reception adds an additional 2 hours for relaxed laid back celebrations in an informal beautiful setting. Your light bites comprise amazing platters for 2 filled with local Cumbrian delights from local suppliers. Including a fine selection of smoked charcuterie and cheeses, artisan bread chutneys and garnishes.
Enjoy your reception in the barn, out in the sunshine or in the garden gazebo weather depending. With lots of space for enjoying the views and relaxing with friends and family.
- Arrival drinks served on the terrace
- Fresh venue flowers
- Bride bouquet & Groom buttonhole
- Additional personal flowers
- Upgrade to English Sparkling Wine
- Additional 2 hour afternoon reception with light bites and a toast drink
We also offer wedding ceremonies using an independant celebrant or Humanist celebrant. These weddings can be more on a bespoke basis with more freedom to include elements that are important to you both. This could include things such as hand tying, or sand rituals. These are great for couples wishing to get creative with their weddings maybe writing their own vows, and choosing a cermeony in a variety of non licensed spaces too. For us this could include the lawn, or Elopement Hill overlooking the river and wedding barn. A great vantage point within the grounds.