WORK WITH US
JOIN OUR FAMILY TEAM
The Lake District - The Place to Be...
Our Amazing Location
The Lake District is an amazing place to live and work, and Cote How is ideally placed right in the heart of it, with an exciting and rare opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced wedding operations manager to join our small team, working alongside us to continue to bring our couples the best possible wedding experience.
Cote How is a historic farmhouse and barn situated on the shores of Rydal Water between Ambleside and Grasmere in the very heart of one of the most picturesque locations in the UK. Still a family home, Cote How is a rapidly growing, award-winning, family-run unique destination wedding business, designing and hosting incredible private exclusive-use weddings in our luxury venue for 2-24 people.
wedding operations manager
Posted 26 Feb 2022
We are looking for the right person to start straight away or as soon as possible. The right person will be responsible for managing the wedding team, driving sales, all aspects of wedding planning, and communicating effectively with both suppliers and couples.
What we’re looking for:
- 2 years previous experience in wedding and events management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with an excellent telephone manner
- A natural ambition and drive to achieve goals set.
- A confident approach, warm and friendly personality
- A passion for people and weddings, and a desire to deliver the very best possible customer service, with a flair for hospitality
- Creativity and a great eye for detail
- Strong leadership qualities to lead and develop the team.
- Positive and enthusiastic outlook with a strong team ethic.
- Great organisational, project planning, sales and digital skills.
- To proactively manage all aspects of sales from leads to bookings
- Sales and Marketing including Social Media content planning and management
- Organising the sales calendar to maximise efficiencies, drive sales and meet targets
- Project manage all weddings, client communication and planning needs, organising meetings, managing the work diary, setting up the venue for viewings and weddings personally, with help from the team.
- Flexibility and commitment to oversee all weddings on the day, from start to finish, ensuring every detail is delivered to perfection.
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Help to keep the venue and surrounding area in a clean and tidy state.
- To lead and develop the team to enhance the customer experience, including occasional day staff and organising the team rota.
- Overseeing the bar including licencing and legislation
- Coordinating and overseeing suppliers, procurement and stock levels
- Maintain a database using the CRM system, creating quotes and managing workflows
- Working with the directors to help develop and grow the business by taking advantage of market trends and changes in the wedding industry.
- Have a good awareness of figures and budgets, work with the team to achieve financial targets, prepare sales reports
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills as and when required.
- Be prepared to work alternate Saturdays plus 1 evening per week as scheduled.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Working with a small family run team
- 28 days paid holiday increasing 1 day per year served (up to 5 years)
- Free on-site car parking and very close to public transport
- Training and development opportunities.
We are looking for the right candidate to start immediately or as soon as possible and is ready to “hit the ground running” ahead of our busy wedding season – therefore 2 years’ experience is preferred
Due to the rural location of the venue, a driving licence and transport are required
- 5 days per week, normally 8-hour shifts, though some flexibility is required for one evening per week (summertime) and alternate Saturdays.
- Commitment and flexibility to make sure the wedding calendar is delivered
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £26,000 – £30,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications, with a review on conclusion of a probationary period
We have reduced all Covid Regulations in line with the most recent government guidance, but are continuing to ask people not to attend the venue if they have Covid-19 symptoms. All staff are continuing to lateral flow testing weekly to protect the team.