Cote How Wedding Terms and Conditions
- VALIDITY - All costs quoted are valid for 28 days from the date of this contract. Once signed the costs are fixed unless otherwise stated.
- DEPOSIT - A £1,000.00 holding fee is required at the time of booking to hold your wedding date. This is refundable within a 7-day cooling -off period or the signing of this contract, whichever comes first. After this point the deposit is non-refundable on cancellation. In addition, full payment of the wedding is required as set out below. Any extra costs incurred on your wedding day not already paid for in advance e.g.: Bar Tab, extra guests added at late notice, damage, theft or loss (see below), is then deducted from the £1,000. The remaining balance will be refunded to you within 7 days of your wedding.
- PAYMENT - Full payment for the wedding is required 6 months prior to the wedding date and is arranged in equal instalments as set out below. Monthly payments may be made by prior arrangement if preferred.
We no longer take any payments by card or cash and ask that you organise a bank transfer.
- PENALTIES - Payments not received on schedule (see below) will be charged at 1% of the total bill per day.
- VAT - All wedding packages and optional extras are subject to VAT at the time of invoice.
- CONTRACTUAL CHANGES - Once signed any downward adjustments made to the contract; for example: guest numbers (which includes the wedding couple), type of food or drinks can be adjusted only once and must be within 10% of the agreed figures on contract. The final figures must be provided in writing 8 weeks before the wedding date. Downward adjustments will be re-allocated but not refunded. No further downward adjustments can be made after this time. Upward changes are only permitted if capacity allows, for the package chosen, and by the prior agreement of Cote How. Upward numbers will need to be notified in writing and additional costs paid in full by the final payment date of your wedding.
- ADMIN CHARGES - Any contractual changes will incur a £50 administration charge.
- CANCELLATION CHARGES - All cancellations must be made in writing. A cancellation charge will be made in relation to the total invoice value using the following scale:
- 0 ‐ 6 Calendar months prior to the confirmed date. 100% of the estimated total as quoted
- 6 - 12 Calendar months prior to the confirmed date. 50% of the estimated total as quoted
- 12‐18 Calendar months prior to the confirmed date. 25% of the estimated total as quoted
- On booking and confirming date – £1,000 deposit non- refundable
We advise clients to consider taking out insurance to cover the unlikely event of cancellation.
- PRE-WEDDING VISITS – Due to the very limited time available between other weddings and events, once you have booked your wedding we ask that you limit any further visits to ONE final planning meeting onsite. It is advised to plan this visit approximately 8-12 weeks prior to your wedding date in order to finalise all last-minute details. All relevant online forms are required ahead of this meeting, including any music uploads or playlists required for your ceremony. For clarity purposes; all other arrangements and correspondence is better dealt with via email.
- SERVICE PROVIDERS - If any of your service providers such as photographers, florists, venue stylists wish to see the venue this must be arranged after your final planning meeting and must be facilitated by yourselves (as we may have other clients to see). Arrange this second meeting for approximately 1-1.5 hours after your final planning meeting starts.
- PHOTOGRAPHS - Any photos taken during the wedding may be used by Cote How for the purposes of marketing.
- CAPACITY - Cote How reserves the right to modify its stated guest number capacity at any time, either up or down to most effectively manage venue operations.
- UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES - Cote How reserves the right to make alternative arrangements regarding any agreed details. Cote How will take all reasonable steps to fulfil the reservation to the best of its ability and in accordance with the details provided. However, it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least equivalent standard at no additional costs should any unforeseen problems arise.
- CHILDREN aged 2-12 years old are welcome at weddings; however, Cote How and its grounds are potentially hazardous. We cannot accept any liability whatsoever in the event of an accident due to children playing or running around. We respectfully ask that guardians ensure their children are fully supervised by an identifiable responsible adult(s) at all times. We limit the number of children to 10% of the total guest numbers (5 maximum). There are no discounts given for children.
- LICENSING - In agreement to the licence granted to Cote How ‐ all doors and windows to the premises shall be kept closed after 21:00hrs. Outdoor music is limited to live acoustic only. Pre-recorded music is only available in the house or barn. Last orders at the bar and music must cease by 23:00. No wine or other beverages or food may be brought into the house or grounds by the client or guests for consumption on the premises, unless pre‐agreed by the management.
- BAR - The bar is available, either on a cash basis at the time of purchasing drinks, or if you wish for free drinks to be served for all or part of the event, then an estimated amount shall be payable prior to the wedding, with a final adjustment at the end of the reception.
- SMOKING - Cote How is a non‐smoking establishment; failure to comply will result in cleaning and deodorizing with a minimum charge of £200.00 per room. A designated outside smoking area and ashtrays are provided near the barn. Failure of guests to use the ashtrays will result in a £200 charge for clearing up related litter.
- SECURITY / HEALTH & SAFETY: It is management’s discretion to open or close certain aspects of the venue at various times of the wedding day in accordance with their use and timing. We do not allow the use of drones without prior consent. We do not allow the use of fireworks or Chinese lanterns.
- DAMAGES - Any damage to the house or grounds by any member of the bridal party will be the responsibility of the bride and groom. This particularly includes damage to the house wooden floors by wedding guests wearing stiletto heels. Heel Stoppers MUST be worn over heels and are available to buy on the day. The establishment is not responsible for any damage, theft or loss of yours or your guests’ belongings whilst onsite. This includes wedding presents, cards and cash.
- HOUSE REPUTATION‐ At the absolute and unfettered discretion of the house any function may be cancelled by Cote How even if paid in full, if the house has reasonable grounds for believing that the holding of such function would prejudice the reputation, good name, or standing of the house.
- ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY - No other food, drink or Illegal substances may be brought into the house or grounds by the client or guests for consumption on the premises. Cote How reserves the right to evict any person attending a function who behaves abusively, unreasonably, or illegally. If at any time any illegal substances are suspected to be in use by, or in the possession of any client or guest on the premises the wedding will be immediately stopped.
- SUBCONTRACTED WEDDING SUPPLIERS - Prior consent of Cote How must be sought for any entertainment or service contracted for the function by the client. The client will be held responsible for any damage caused to the house, barn and grounds by themselves, a subcontractor or their guests and shall pay for such damage or loss of business caused as a result. All service providers such as hairdressers, beauticians and entertainers must provide their own PAC tested equipment and provide you with a copy of their current Public Liability insurance before working onsite. Cote How reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour of the clients, guests or representatives and the client must take all necessary action to correct. In the event of failure to comply with management requests, Cote How reserves the right to terminate the contract and stop the event without being liable for any refund or compensation.
- OVERNIGHT GUEST ROOMS - Any bedrooms allocated and reserved will need to be paid for in full by the Bride and Groom as part of the wedding package and then counter-charged to their guests as required.
- ACCESS TO BEDROOMS is strictly for residents only.
Cote How is not responsible for tidying any rooms used for pre-wedding dressing / preparations and ask that all residents tidy where necessary ahead of the wedding ceremony and are mindful to leave the Bridal Suite clean and tidy for the newlyweds. Members of the immediate bridal party who are not residents are asked to wait downstairs until the bride is ready. We will make sure the wedding guests are ushered into the ceremony room to allow meeting in the dining room ahead of the ceremony. All belongings needed for the day need to be removed from the bedrooms and stored downstairs before the wedding commences as the upstairs of the house will be locked for security reasons.
Non-resident members of the immediate bridal party are not permitted upstairs. Bridal hair and makeup can be accommodated downstairs by prior agreement at your final planning meeting.
- PARKING: There is NO PARKING available onsite for wedding guests, suppliers or residents during the wedding itself. RESIDENTIAL guests can park overnight after the day time event has finished. A pay and display carpark is situated 50m down the lane from the venue. See Wedding Guest Information Pack for details. We strongly advise that weddings couples organise mini buses to transport their guests.
- CONSENT - On booking and paying your holding fee of £1000.00, the wedding couple are agreeing to these terms and conditions with Cote How Wedding Venue as herewith outlined. Cote How reserves the right to amend or add to these terms and conditions from time to time. Please refer to our latest terms and conditions on our website here.