Cote How WEDDING Terms and Conditions
· All costs quoted are valid for 28 days from the date of this contract.
· A holding fee is required at the time of booking to hold your wedding date. This is non-refundable and forms the basis of this contract. In addition, full payment of the wedding is required as set out below. Any extra costs incurred on your wedding day not already paid for in advance e.g.: Bar Tab, extra guests added at late notice, damage or loss (see below), is then deducted from this fee, the balance of which is refunded to you within 7 days of your wedding.
· The establishment is not responsible for any loss or damage to yours or guests’ belongings.
· Full payment for the wedding is required 6 months prior to the wedding date and can be arranged in instalments as set out below (if time allows).
· Any bedrooms allocated and reserved will need to be paid for in full by the Bride and Groom as part of the wedding package and then counter-charged to their guests as required.
· Any damage to the house or grounds by any member of the bridal party will be the responsibility of the bride and groom. This particularly includes damage to the house floors by wedding guests wearing stiletto heels. Heel Stoppers MUST be worn over heels.
· Payments not received on schedule (see below) will be charged at 1% of the total bill per day.
· All wedding packages and optional extras are subject to VAT at the time of invoice.
· We do not take payments by card and ask that you organise a bank transfer.
· The bar is available, either on a cash basis at the time of purchasing drinks, or if you wish for free drinks to be served for all or part of the event, then an estimated amount shall be payable prior to the wedding, with a final adjustment at the end of the reception.
· Once signed any downward adjustments made to the contract; for example: guest numbers, type of food / drinks can be adjusted once but must be within 10% of the agreed figures of the contract. The final total guest numbers (including bride and groom) must be provided in writing 8 weeks before the wedding date. Downward adjustments will be re-allocated (i.e. bar tab) but not refunded. No further downward adjustments can be made after this time. Upward changes permitted if capacity allows.
· Pre-wedding venue visits – Due to the very limited time available between other weddings and events, once you have booked your wedding we ask that you limit any further visits to ONE Final Planning Meeting. This is best organised for no later than 8 -12 weeks before your wedding date. All relevant online forms are required ahead of this meeting, including any music uploads needed for your ceremony. If any of your service providers such as photographers, florists, venue stylists wish to see the venue this must be arranged on this same day and timed for 1 hour after your final planning meeting starts. You must facilitate this part of your meeting, as we may have other clients to meet. For clarity purposes, all other arrangements and correspondence is better dealt with via email.
· Any contractual changes will incur £50 administration charge.
· Any photographs taken during the wedding may be used for Cote How for the purposes of marketing.
If a booking is cancelled, a charge will be made in relation to the total estimated invoice value of the event. All cancellations must be made in writing. The following scale will be used:
Notice period cancellation charge:
· 0 ‐ 6 Calendar months prior to the confirmed date. 100% of the estimated total as quoted
· 6 - 12 Calendar months prior to the confirmed date. 50% of the estimated total as quoted
· 12‐18 Calendar months prior to the confirmed date. 25% of the estimated total as quoted
· On booking and confirming date – Wedding deposit non-refundable
We advise clients to consider taking out insurance to cover the unlikely event of cancellation.
Cote How reserves the right to make alternative arrangements regarding any agreed details.
Cote How will take all reasonable steps to fulfil your booking to the best of its ability and in accordance with the details provided. However, it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at least equivalent standard at no additional costs should any unforeseen circumstances arise.
House Reputation ‐ At the absolute and unfettered discretion of the house any function may be cancelled by the Cote How even if paid in full, if the house has reasonable grounds for believing that the holding of such function would prejudice the reputation, good name, or standing of the house.
Zero tolerance policy - No other food, drink or Illegal substances may be brought into the house or grounds by the client or guests for consumption on the premises. Cote How reserves the right to evict any person attending a function who behaves abusively, unreasonably, or illegally. If at any time any illegal substances are suspected to be in use by, or in the possession of any client or guest on the premises the wedding will be immediately stopped.
SMOKING - Cote How is a non‐smoking establishment; failure to comply will result in cleaning and deodorizing with a minimum charge of £200.00 per room. A designated outside smoking area and ashtrays are provided near the barn. Failure for guests to use the ashtrays will result in a £200 charge for clearing up the grounds.
Access to the bedrooms is strictly for residents only. Members of the immediate bridal party who are not residents are asked to wait downstairs until the bride is ready. We will make sure the wedding guests are ushered into the ceremony room to allow meeting in the dining room ahead of the ceremony. All belongings needed for the day need to be removed from the bedrooms and stored downstairs before the wedding commences as the upstairs of the house will be locked for security reasons.
SECURITY / HEALTH & SAFETY: It is management’s discretion to open or close certain aspects of the venue at various times of the wedding day in accordance with their use and timing.
We do not allow the use of drones, fireworks or Chinese lanterns.
Cote How will not be held responsible of any loss, damage or theft of any items belonging to any person attending a function. Cote How is not responsible for any wedding gifts and valuables.
Children are welcome at weddings; however, Cote How and its grounds are potentially hazardous. We cannot accept any liability whatsoever in the event of an accident due to children playing or running around. We respectfully ask that guardians to ensure their children are with them at all times. We limit the number of children to 10% of the total guest numbers (or a maximum of 5 children – irrespective of guest numbers). There are no discounts given for children.
SUBCONTRACTED WEDDING SUPPLIERS - Prior consent of Cote How must be sought for any entertainment or service contracted for the function by the client. The client will be held responsible for any damage caused to the house, barn and grounds by themselves, a subcontractor or their guests and shall pay for such damage or loss of business caused as a result. All service providers such as hairdressers, beauticians and entertainers must provide their own PAC tested equipment and provide you with a copy of their current Public Liability insurance before working onsite.
PARKING: There is NO PARKING available onsite for wedding guests other than RESIDENTIAL guests. A pay and display carpark is situated 50m down the lane from the venue. See Wedding Guest Information Pack for details.
LICENSING - In agreement to the licence granted to Cote How all doors and windows to the premises shall be kept closed after 21:00hrs. Outdoor music is limited to live acoustic only. Pre-recorded music is only available in the house or barn.
Cote How reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour of the clients, guests or representatives and the client must take all necessary action to correct. In the event of failure to comply with management requests, Cote How reserves the right to terminate the contract and stop the event without being liable for any refund or compensation.
Last orders at the bar is 22:45 The bar will close and music must cease by 23:00
Cote How reserves the right to amend or add to these terms and conditions from time to time. Please refer to our latest terms and conditions on our website here.
On booking and paying your holding fee, both the bride and groom are agreeing to these terms and conditions with Cote How Lakeland Venue as herewith outlined.